jakeireland

STi 330S - Full strip job

So if anyone is interested, I started stripping my 2009 330s a couple of weeks back to be able to bang some under seal on, as it looked a bit tatty on the ramp.

Basically, what I found is some pretty nasty corrosion, which has led me to end up booking the shell in for dipping in Feb. The question is, do I rebuild as stock, or go down the track car route as it’ll have been dipped. It’s only a summer, fun car and doesn’t have much use, so there’s no practicality element needed.

It’s already on Ohlins suspension and has a few other choice mods, so really I’m after some poking to work out where to go with it. So, anyone got an opinion?!

16 hours ago, jakeireland said:

It’s already on Ohlins suspension and has a few other choice mods, so really I’m after some poking to work out where to go with it. So, anyone got an opinion?!

Best wishes for the refurb and rebuild.

Sounds lke you have ideas in mind and just need moral support to do it, so, poke, poke, go and do it!

lighten will be better than upgrades as makes everthing better.

performance friction pads and disks

widen the track

Tony

Thanks guys.

Shell stripping has been put off this weekend in order to get some paint on the parts that were blasted (see pic!). All the bushes were left in for blasting/paint as they’re all getting replaced anyway.

Brakes calipers are also in a bit of a state so will need to properly sort them out if anyone knows of somewhere worth sending them for fresh paint? 

I’ll turn this in to a bit of a project thread as I go! Dipping is booked for Feb 5th so plenty needing to be done before then!

Currently thinking against the full cage, but at the same time I kinda feel like I should while I have the opportunity, so that will take a bit more thought.

EC2A5294-2743-4EA4-9D29-243F6AFB4E49.jpeg

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jakeireland said:

Godspeed did a good'un then @t5nyw - what did it cost?

2x fronts painted, 1x helicoil thread and 2x new disc IIRC......£380 delivered £50 if want groved etc.

You could always go for the "well used" disc look:

( 6 months under the sea as a lobster pot anchor, LOL)

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mainly been fiddling to get the interior out for the last couple of evenings and now starting on the mammoth task of removing all the wiring.....

773EC46D-839F-41FD-833E-F0A3091AE3C6.jpeg

• Upvote 1

@Lockheed she'll be road legal but as stripped as we can get away with. I think the cage plan is going ahead (as I don't want to be without a cage and without airbags!)

Ive thought about a half cage before now to keep weight down . looking forward to see what you do with it!