Lockheed

Rotated turbo in my fsti

Can any  of you wonderful people see any problems with a rotated turbo set up in my forester sti ? I have thought of a couple .

1/ my perrin fmic boost tube is right in the way (who should be used to alter this )

2/ my header tank could be in the way (where would you move it too)

Any input would be greatfully received and I would just like to say that most of my projects come to fruition so any words of wisdom will not be wasted .

IMG_20190203_141857.jpg

Edited by Lockheed

So I have decided to go with a full kit from RCM but with out the exhaust manifold as I already have that part this brings costs down by £600 plus the sale of my existing turbo and various other bits will reduce the purchase to £2550 .

Can anyone shed some light on any unforeseen problems that I may encounter? or point me to someone who can . I would just add im looking to avoid Enginetuner.

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2019 at 18:53, Lockheed said:

So I have decided to go with a full kit from RCM but with out the exhaust manifold as I already have that part this brings costs down by £600 plus the sale of my existing turbo and various other bits will reduce the purchase to £2550 .

Can anyone shed some light on any unforeseen problems that I may encounter? or point me to someone who can . I would just add im looking to avoid Enginetuner.

bar from having ro much room LOL. 

length of Turbo oil pipes

I assume you have to raise/space up the induction headers. 

You might need to upgrade clutch fluid mutol RBF600 still dot4 but better boil points than dot 5 or 5.1

lag and or heat sheild.

Tony

Thank you Tony ! the oil lines come with the kit (ive been doing some research)and the air in side of things is no longer under the manifold unless your talking the hot air which I have seen routed under the manifold.

Your saying the clutch fluid needs to be replaced because it will be closer to the turbo? Also would I need a out of tank fuel pump . 

Would a gt35r be laggy on a 2.35 or should I go for a gt30r ?

19 hours ago, Lockheed said:

Thank you Tony ! the oil lines come with the kit (ive been doing some research)and the air in side of things is no longer under the manifold unless your talking the hot air which I have seen routed under the manifold.

Odd version i,d seen i think route for intercooler pipe!!!!! or old age moment

Your saying the clutch fluid needs to be replaced because it will be closer to the turbo?

yes, giving large can boil and peddle stops down

Also would I need a out of tank fuel pump .

not sure but dont think so, athough upraded Pump and Pressure regulator as minimum. Injectors depending on IDC on remap. Also depnd on previous set up upgrades and new mods for power or  new Turbo etc.

Would a gt35r be laggy on a 2.35 or should I go for a gt30r ?

iffy 50/50, i`d prefer less lag over bhp pub figures, use bum dyno, so gt30. But better to ask on scoobynet, as more peeps have been down this route.

Tony

Edited by t5nyw
  • Like 1

Ok so this is the route ive gone down after publicly saying different .

This is the one with the screamer pipe with the v band connections to go with the new garret gtx genii 

the dog likes it too :pleasantry:

IMG_20191014_134425.jpg

IMG_20191014_134536.jpg

IMG_20191014_134649.jpg

IMG_20191014_134821.jpg

IMG_20191014_134840.jpg

IMG_20191014_135009.jpg

IMG_20191014_135041.jpg

IMG_20191014_135107.jpg

Screenshot_20191005_195915_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Thanks 1