Hi all

I've got a WRX-S Hatchback and was wondering if anyone can verify if it's the middle silencer that makes the car so quiet also any local club/meets to the rickmansworth area? 

Much appreciated

Karl

• Upvote 1

I think what Tony is trying to show is

571495044002.png

On this diagram it's item 32

This is an expansion box which for MY10 onwards was replaced on some models with just a resonator.

As the UK wrx-s is a PPP'd (Prodrive Performance Package) car it may already have the 2nd cat removed and have a Prodrive backbox ??? so the next logical step would be to replace the centre pipe with a straight through.

https://www.haywardandscott.com/subaru/impreza-turbo-08-onwards/08-impreza-centre-pipe-single-exit.html

9 hours ago, The Don said:

I think what Tony is trying to show is

571495044002.png

On this diagram it's item 32

This is an expansion box which for MY10 onwards was replaced on some models with just a resonator.

As the UK wrx-s is a PPP'd (Prodrive Performance Package) car it may already have the 2nd cat removed and have a Prodrive backbox (silencer) ??? so the next logical step would be to replace the centre pipe with a straight through.

https://www.haywardandscott.com/subaru/impreza-turbo-08-onwards/08-impreza-centre-pipe-single-exit.html

Thanks Don 👍 I think prodrive left the resonator in on some models only tanking our 2nd Cat. But not 100% on that

If you have box that looks like a squashed water bottle then that’s the resonator 

tony