Sign in to follow this  
Lockheed

Seat bolster repair

Can anyone point me in the best direction to with re-upholstering my black 04 STI seats . The bolster on the drivers seat has started to fray but other wise in good order.

A wise man told me to ask the guys that are re-furbing my steering wheel …...but they (last week) sent my steering wheel to Subaru dealership up north so it will be delivered two weeks late.

Sorry can't suggest anywhere,

But get it done quick, rumours are the next device being developed by the big tech companies ( to sell to tech- loving governments) is a camera to detect worn seats and steering wheel to hand grip co-efficient.

to be honest probably cheaper o get a new seat from ebay

Tony

8 hours ago, ccrien said:

Sorry can't suggest anywhere,

But get it done quick, rumours are the next device being developed by the big tech companies ( to sell to tech- loving governments) is a camera to detect worn seats and steering wheel to hand grip co-efficient.

This would be excellent , im presuming that it would be X-ray .

It would also catch all those on the lap phone fiddlers who think people don't know that their using a phone …….. but you see them all the time , just looking at their groin and not the road.

7 hours ago, t5nyw said:

to be honest probably cheaper o get a new seat from ebay

Tony

This is a good thought and I looked about for a good while but understandably they all have the same problem in seats of this age , in varying degrees of course .

The search continues for either a very good second hand seat or a decent repair.