Unfortunately, Mrs Mac has managed to break the genuine Subaru front lip spoiler on our 2015 WRX STI.  Before attempting to remove it, can anybody tell me how it is fixed please?

that's a tall order ive seen staples used to good effect , there inserted hot from memory then ground back then smoothed with filler , the repair remains good for a good period but usually cracks in the same place . are you talking abs plastic ?

Don't know what sort of plastic, but have already ordered a replacement from Scoobyworld - can't justify the cost of a genuine Subaru item. Will investigate further tomorrow- but my ancient ramps weren't designed for 245 section tyres!

Good old bits of wood John, will do instead of the ramps.  A few bits of 8 X 2 with long ones at the bottom will work!  Good luck getting the broken one off. Hopefully just some clever Japanese pins or clips.

On 31/05/2019 at 18:37, Lockheed said:

that's a tall order ive seen staples used to good effect , there inserted hot from memory then ground back then smoothed with filler , the repair remains good for a good period but usually cracks in the same place . are you talking abs plastic ?

I do apologise when you said how is it "fixed" I thought you meant the plastic , not to the car !

Thanks Don, I assume comprehensive fitting instructions relate to a first time fit, rather than a replacement.  Hoping that the Scoobyworld item will be fairly easy to fit and their installation kit includes all necessary bolts, clips etc. You are a mine of information!