I am not sure I had room in the cupboard anyway but it would have been nice to try and squeeze some more in :rotfl:

New Years resolution is to start emptying the cupboard :blink: 

No car presents ( apart from Tony Masons book, just started reading it) but treated the forester to a late Christmas lunch this morning: oil change, new filter and tank of v power!   Best wishes for the new year to all.

Edited by ccrien

Floz, you made me feel guilty not getting the Impreza a proper Christmas present so I am about to treat it to these as a belated Xmas gift, to fit as soon as I get a slightly warmer dry day.

image.jpeg

Nice! Had enough of the knocking?

I know what you mean about the weather, my to do list is getting longer :crying:

5 hours ago, scoobiefloz said:

Nice! Had enough of the knocking?

No knocking, but after replacing the rear shocks last year, it's just highlighted the front left is now a bit soft on damping, ( leans into right corners too easily) so time to renew the fronts! 

Fitted one front shock yesterday and the other this morning.  Transformation of the handling!  

Back to where it's Japanese maker designed it to be.

I would recommend anyone with an older car to consider new KYB shocks all round before a costly suspension " upgrade".

not much room between the few coils to fit the spring compressors mind, the longer rear springs last year were easy to fit the clamps around and to compress but  these fronts were really awkward, at least the first one was until I worked out how to wrangle it.

now for new front disc splash guards, ordered already from ICP, one crumbled due to rust on these multi- layer metal self destructing items! 

Edited by ccrien
Apple spellchecker / predictor too clever for itself

Fitted KYB gas struts all round on our previous Prodrive spring kit equipped  WRX PPP.  No more knocking, improved roadholding. Thoroughly recommended.