Sign in to follow this  
Joe R

Whineing Noise

I have a whineing noise from the rear wheel think its the left I have jacked the car up to check for movement nothing took the discs off and checked and cleaned and slacken the handbrake still doing the same any idea.

Thats what I was told was told to jack the car up and see if there was any movement side ways no movement told might be diff or drive shafts not sure

If its more of a whine than a drone I would suggest checking the brakes including the handbrake shoes.

Cheers Iain

I will check oil tomo subaru done the diff oil last year I did take the brakes off could t tell if anything was wroge with it I might remove again tomo and slack the hand brake right off again then see if it does it. If anyone knows how to see what it is and lives near luton would be great

I will check oil tomo subaru done the diff oil last year I did take the brakes off could t tell if anything was wroge with it I might remove again tomo and slack the hand brake right off again then see if it does it. If anyone knows how to see what it is and lives near luton would be great

If the whine is there all the time does applying the foot brake or gently lifting the handbrake alter the noise at all?

Cheers Iain

If the whine is there all the time does applying the foot brake or gently lifting the handbrake alter the noise at all?

Cheers Iain

Stays the same when i brake have not tried with the handbrake on yet will try that tomo

Stays the same when i brake have not tried with the handbrake on yet will try that tomo

Obviously dont yank it up just lift it gently until it starts to bite and see if the noise changes.

Cheers Iain

Sounds like a wheel bearing is running a bit dry mite need replacing

I am thinking it might be as when I removed the disc there was abit of grese on the side making noise and the other side has nothing

I have a whineing noise from the rear wheel think its the left I have jacked the car up to check for movement nothing took the discs off and checked and cleaned and slacken the handbrake still doing the same any idea.

Drove it again today applyed the handbrake still the same

Drove it again today applyed the handbrake still the same

Ok cool, would defo go with what the others have said then and investigate the bearing/s.

Cheers Iain