It's No Surprise That We're Considered Hooligans At Times...

I've just been following a classic Impreza driven by a young lad with his mate in the car.

When he saw me, he obviously thought that I was up for a race around the streets of Swindon.

As we were approaching a right hand turn ahead, near a row of shops where some teenagers were sat, the 4x4 two places in front of him started indicating right and pulling in to the filter lane.

Laddo in front of me decides to hammer it up the road, on the right of the car that was about to turn in to him, on the wrong side of the bollards.

The VW Golf that was behind the 4x4 must have seen this and decided to also hammer (on his side of the road at least) along to try and beat him.

I sat back watching with visions of the two colliding............ fortunately they didn't!!!

That's the tough bit - you do the course and expect to make some dramatic intervention, but end up being half mummy / half nursie. Trust me, when the big one does come you'll be amazed at how much of your training will kick in - it seems to merge with your sub-conscious common sense.

I suppose we wouldn't get away with claiming we were attempting to save other peoples lives if we applied a torniquet to the throat for that nasty little graze on his forehead ;)

I've just been following a classic Impreza driven by a young lad with his mate in the car.

When he saw me, he obviously thought that I was up for a race around the streets of Swindon.

As we were approaching a right hand turn ahead, near a row of shops where some teenagers were sat, the 4x4 two places in front of him started indicating right and pulling in to the filter lane.

Laddo in front of me decides to hammer it up the road, on the right of the car that was about to turn in to him, on the wrong side of the bollards.

The VW Golf that was behind the 4x4 must have seen this and decided to also hammer (on his side of the road at least) along to try and beat him.

I sat back watching with visions of the two colliding............ fortunately they didn't!!!

ed and i see so much of this in swindon, get some real chav racers and some total t***s especially where we live!

The Impreza does seem to "provoke" that sort of reaction. I've never owned a car before where other drivers assume you are up for a race. Not lotuses, not caterham, not BMW or even any number of hot hatches, I've owned. To me it's a totally unexpected and decidedly irritating, downside of the car.

The Impreza does seem to "provoke" that sort of reaction. I've never owned a car before where other drivers assume you are up for a race. Not lotuses, not caterham, not BMW or even any number of hot hatches, I've owned. To me it's a totally unexpected and decidedly irritating, downside of the car.

Sad but true - daft thing is, a scoob is not a smart car to try and beat is it? bit like picking a fight with a doorman instead of a kid ;)

Sad but true - daft thing is, a scoob is not a smart car to try and beat is it? bit like picking a fight with a doorman instead of a kid :lol:

My experience is that the reaction actually is more-or-less totally unrelated to the real world performance - much more closely related to the image of the car and the assumed image of the driver. On the motorway people were quick to clear the path of the lotuses (though neither was capable of much over 120 - less than many repmobiles), but reluctant with the similarly quick caterham (you can't possibly want to go that fast in THAT). But no-one tried to take on the Caterham at the lights (not sure whether that was ignorance or knowledge!) Is there a psychologist on the forum?

yeah i gotta admit my sub has attracted some nasty comotion, was coming back from Rising Sun on sunday and was taken on by a 1.9TDi A4, he nearly lost control when taking a corner at 80 and the car was packed with people :lol:

for some reason when he flew past me at about 90 on a 30 road he thought he was the bigger man <inserted ****er emoticon>

On a similar note; i'm lucky enough to own a scooby and a motorbike, whilst i do get the odd muppet trying it on when i'm in the scoob, i find that i get more people trying to race me when i'm on the bike.

I just find it so funny that some kid in his mum's 1.1 saxo thinks he's going to have a chance against a bike from the lights.

Then theres my personal favourite, the w****r who decides to overtake you at stupid mph and then slow right down and then gives you abuse when you overtake them cause they're going too slow now; Where do these people get they're licenses from?

While leaving Asda last week a male driver in a toyota sport thing, was putting his electronic roof down on his car, my little 2 year old thought it was quite amazing to see this, i said '' look lottie a magic roof isnt it clever!'' the guy looked smug as hell, (all i could think was cock head)

anyway i got bubs in the car and proseeded to leave the car park, if anyone knows Mk asda you'l know as you leave asda you come to a set of lights, i was quite certain this guy could see me a few cars behind, and drove like crazy once the lights went green , i gave my car a bit of welly as you do when ur in the mood for a little race! anyway , as we approached the traffic lights up by the A5 the lights went red, the silly sod in the toyota obviously didnt realise his brakes were crap and left the biggest puff of smoke and must have skidded a good 4 metres to stop his car!! i pulled up along side him just looked at him smiled, and left him standing as the lights went to green! he didnt look so smug then!!! :rotfl:

Edited by AiryFairy

I had a really bad day driving yesterday, started with a group of people in my way as i wanted to reverse out of my space , and they just stood there! dumb a**s , then while on my way to get my son from tattenhoe, i was cut up on nearly every roundabout , i was fuming at this point, then to top it off, on the way back as we left morrisons, a guy was sat waiting to pull out , just playing with his hair! even my son said what the F is he doing! so i honked my horn for what seemed like 10 seconds! he looked in the mirror again then sped off, stupid t**t in his BMW , so i kept up with this dick, and then as we came down towards the center of Mk he decided to over take about 6 cars, driving on the wrong side of the road, spraying loads of stones up in the process! i thought u complete cock head! so once we got over the roundabout where the road joins a duel carraige way , i went after him, caught up just before the next roundabout! i went into the filter lane to take me towards the station, and as i did i gave him a right hand shake out my window! my son got his no plate incase i had chips on the front of the car from the stones spraying up! to top it off he did all that with a child in the front of his car!

Im not sure ive been that angry before whilst driving , i was shaking i was so pissed!

tracy angry driving girl! x

While leaving Asda last week a male driver in a toyota sport thing, was putting his electronic roof down on his car, my little 2 year old thought it was quite amazing to see this, i said '' look lottie a magic roof isnt it clever!'' the guy looked smug as hell, (all i could think was cock head)

anyway i got bubs in the car and proseeded to leave the car park, if anyone knows Mk asda you'l know as you leave asda you come to a set of lights, i was quite certain this guy could see me a few cars behind, and drove like crazy once the lights went green , i gave my car a bit of welly as you do when ur in the mood for a little race! anyway , as we approached the traffic lights up by the A5 the lights went red, the silly sod in the toyota obviously didnt realise his brakes were crap and left the biggest puff of smoke and must have skidded a good 4 metres to stop his car!! i pulled up along side him just looked at him smiled, and left him standing as the lights went to green! he didnt look so smug then!!! :thumbup:

great thing to do with your 2 year old kid in the back

left him standing as the lights went to green

i gave my car a bit of welly as you do when ur in the mood for a little race

I had a really bad day driving yesterday, started with a group of people in my way as i wanted to reverse out of my space , and they just stood there! dumb a**s , then while on my way to get my son from tattenhoe, i was cut up on nearly every roundabout , i was fuming at this point, then to top it off, on the way back as we left morrisons, a guy was sat waiting to pull out , just playing with his hair! even my son said what the F is he doing! so i honked my horn for what seemed like 10 seconds! he looked in the mirror again then sped off, stupid t**t in his BMW , so i kept up with this dick, and then as we came down towards the center of Mk he decided to over take about 6 cars, driving on the wrong side of the road, spraying loads of stones up in the process! i thought u complete cock head! so once we got over the roundabout where the road joins a duel carraige way , i went after him, caught up just before the next roundabout! i went into the filter lane to take me towards the station, and as i did i gave him a right hand shake out my window! my son got his no plate incase i had chips on the front of the car from the stones spraying up! to top it off he did all that with a child in the front of his car!

Im not sure ive been that angry before whilst driving , i was shaking i was so pissed!

tracy angry driving girl! x

u was just as bad though going after him with your son in car tho

well i new to subaru ownership and allready hat chav idiot baseball cap wearing brigade trying it on at traffic lights in a busy city centre!!

was at a friends enagagment party last night and after a pleasent evening chatting with friends and the mrs turning my wallet into liquid!!!

took a leisurely drive home.

sat chatting at traffic lights with mrs waiting for lights to turn green when vw mk2 golf gti comes flying up next too me. revving his engine at lights wearing his baseball cap with pride! bearin in mind this is the first set of 3 sets of lights in a 500 metre stretch. so lights turn green and golf driver wheelspins off lights and then tearing up to next set which where red so has to stop! then he does this clever trick on next 2 sets!! why why why i ask myself!! only owned me scooby 24hrs and allready getting idiots!!

let the fun begin!!

I must be a hooligan that will now regret it...

..I was stuck behind a VW Golf today in Swindon doing 30mph on a 40 limit dual carriageway in the outside lane, they were not overtaking and stopped at every single roundabout even when there was nothing around and the road was clear... The driver eventually pulled over to the left hand lane and I accelerated passed them only to spot up the road a policeman with a speed camera.. I had accelerated to 55mph just to clear this car as their driving was in my opinion dangerous as they had no need to stop at roundabouts and they were causing an obstruction.

The gearbox on an 53plate STI can be annoying at times but when you have muppets in front that are over cautious it makes driving very difficult.. without them there I would have been able to stick to the limit without having to change gear when they did...well, I know what I mean. lol

I guess i am a hooligan!! B)

wouldnt go as far as hooligan,

i mean comeon you dont buy an Impreza to drive it like an old biddy does in her 1litre Lupo, but niether to drive it like a yuppie ***** in his newly aquired porsche

alot of people i found try it on just to sit back and watch in amazement as you boost it away at a ton