Bike Track Days

make sure all your fluids are topped up and check your brake fluid, if it's dark change it as your brakes will take a pounding on the track- also check your brake pads- if they're below half worn then change them aswell.

check your tyres have got good amounts of tread as well; other than that it's just basic stuff like correctly tension drive chain etc.

I'm about to book my first Bike track day.

I have a '99 ZX9-R that I currently use day-to-day and get serviced once a year.

What preparations should I make to the bike to have it in a fit state for a track day?

Thanks

Steve

Steve where are you going for the track day ,mate at work has been asking about them

I'm about to book my first Bike track day.

I have a '99 ZX9-R that I currently use day-to-day and get serviced once a year.

What preparations should I make to the bike to have it in a fit state for a track day?

Thanks

Steve

tape up the indicators and side mirrors using black electrical tape. Tape up your speedo as well. You wouldnt believe how many people stack their bike cos they were too busy looking at the speedo to see how fast their bike goes. Ensure you fill just before entering the venue, if you run out some of these places sell you fuel at extortionate prices.
Steve where are you going for the track day ,mate at work has been asking about them

Castle Combe, Wiltshire is my local track and they have some days throughout the year at £125 per day.

I've been thinking about getting a CBR600RR or GSX-R750 in the near future but I'd rather have an 'incident' on my old '9R for now if it's going to happen.

Cheers for all of the advice, lads B)

Castle Combe, Wiltshire is my local track and they have some days throughout the year at £125 per day.

I've been thinking about getting a CBR600RR or GSX-R750 in the near future but I'd rather have an 'incident' on my old '9R for now if it's going to happen.

Cheers for all of the advice, lads B)

i ride a cbr600rr4 ; can't reccomend it enough it's awesome! Still have'nt done a track day yet, probably going to be pembrey or llandow when i get up enough courage :D

post-15789-1201044559.jpg

i ride a cbr600rr4 ; can't reccomend it enough it's awesome! Still have'nt done a track day yet, probably going to be pembrey or llandow when i get up enough courage :D

Nice bike!

I'm 6'2" - I've still to try a CBR600RR for size so would it be comfortable enough?

I've had a CBR600FL and FW, but bikes do get smaller all the time.........

P.S. I'll be in the SLOW Group at Castle Combe B)

i used to have a 1997 CBR900RRV and that was a fantastic bike. Had k & n filter, dynojet kit and Quill carbon can. When i went to buy a new bike i looked at the CBR1000RR, but when i rode the new GSXER is was just a different bike. Its been consistently the best all rounder for some time now, especially through the K2 -K5 versions.

Regards

Pez

Edited by pezzar