Sign in to follow this  
sti-ken

WILL THIS SPOILER FIT?

Like Robbie has said with some modding. You not keeping the Original V1 spoiler on then Ken?

Yep as Kev says it's a UK300 spoiler and it will fit a classic. When I sold mine, I listed it on Ebay, saying it wouldn't fit a classic.

But a very kind scoobynetter emailed me a pic of his classic with the same spoiler fitted. You have to fill in the original holes on a Classic boot and basically drill 4 new holes.

uk300.jpg

yes it does fit, just not directly in to the original holes. the question doesn't ask if it fit's into the ORIGINAL HOLES on a classic.

Pedants corner anyone?[:o]

Cheers for the feed back peeps, not to sure if i want to go through all the hassle of filling and drilling but have to say it does look real nice on there and would go well with the bodykit i just bought [:P]

You not keeping the Original V1 spoiler on then Ken?

I would but its the high level spoiler and gets in the way of the rear view mirror. Was going to go for a mid level but wanted something a bit different so it was either an STi 5 style spoiler but after seeing the UK300 i thought Hmmm that looks a bit tastey [:o]

after seeing the UK300 i thought Hmmm that looks a bit tastey [:o]

i thought that about uk 300 spoiler to and wanted one on my classic but after seeing that pic jonah put up i dont really like it

and wouldnt the v5 spoiler still be in the way of the rear view mirror as well??

wouldnt the v5 spoiler still be in the way of the rear view mirror as well??

Yeah but at least it has some shape and style to it [:D]

yes it does fit, just not directly in to the original holes. the question doesn't ask if it fit's into the ORIGINAL HOLES on a classic.

Pedants corner anyone?[:D]

yeah you are apedantic Andy.

will an STI 8 scoop fit on a nosecone of a caterham...technicaly, No, but yes it does with a little modding......lol

when we got the import it had a disgusting metal one on it and so we changed for a high level spoiler - looks really nice and we even though we had to put new holes in we were able to cover the old ones up with the new spoiler.

Its a bolt on jobbie for the new age cars but will fit yours too with a

little effort. You will need to drill new holes and add some extra

stiffening where you have drilled them and fill the old ones.

Will look good to as not many fitted to classics

Tony

just be a pain unless u know a bodyshop of are very good at filling holes and spraying!!! 

i like them, but then i thinkit suits newage better than classic.  just what i want for my MY03wrx!!!

steve

Well after much thought and searching, this is the one i've decided to go for [;)]

ScoobKit2.jpg

I know its just as big as the high level i've got now but its unusual and goes well with the bodykit i've bought [H]