SJAR

New saloon owner

SJAR    0

Hello all.

Very glad to say I've P/Xed my mapped 335i in for a near mint 2012 WRX STi 340R with only 10k on it!

Enthusiast owned, but I do want to obtain all the servicing printouts, and organise a health check.

The car is already much better than the 335i on anything other than a motorway cruise. Toys I can do without - that's not why I love Scoobies.

Previously owner of a 2006 WRX SL 5dr with VF35 & Racedynamix. New car has all of that character and then some, and is much more planted and eager. The noise i LOVE. As do my two eldest boys.

Of course I have read much about the 2.5 unit, but had zero issues with mine and will for year 1 at least keep it within mfr. specs.

Will be using Scoobyworld in Loughborough, who I really liked last time around.

It's pretty well sorted with bits & bobs but I do need a new lanyard for the filler cap. OE is £31 from local main dealer for new cap & lanyard. Seems reasonable(ish).

Having a bit of teething trouble paring phone & iPhone with the Clarion double DIN but I did at least find some 'beefing up' hidden menus on a Youtube video...

Here's to falling in love with Subaru all over again - there are some cars that just get under your skin!

scoobiefloz    15,687

Hi and Welcome :hello:

Scoobyworld will look after you well. There a few people on here with the same car :whistle: so I am sure good advise is not far away if needed. 

t5nyw    18

hi and welcome. Don is yor best option for all bits for saloon :thumbup:

if there is an upgrade part his car has it B)

tony 

scoobyjoff    5

Ditto don is the oracle of upgrades just dont listen to tony as hes a LOON :rotfl: with a heavy right foot :D

t5nyw    18
On 5/9/2017 at 21:16, scoobyjoff said:

Ditto don is the oracle of upgrades just dont listen to tony as hes a LOON :rotfl: with a heavy right foot :D

its not heavy, just stuck in one position :P

SJAR    0

As expected I bloody love the car. It is 'me' unlike the BMW. And now I get every white diesel M Sport and S Line after my tail.

A few styling bits to complete (Zunsport, black fender badges etc) and now fully OK with head unit. Saw a 2014 STi at main dealer today with engine out (HG failure). The tech told me if I serviced and fuelled the car right and didn't abuse it it should be fine. He's not seen many failures. But it does play on my mind so I still think I'll go for the HG preventative package at Scoobyworld. Hopefully with an oil and filter change now and only 11k I'm fairly low risk.

so happy to be back in a Scoob!

t5nyw    18

more common HG failure on 2.5ltr than peeps think, since only low sales volumes.

if ever goes high quality head gasket, bigger uprated head studs.

yes, good fuel, never over rev, don,t go over 350 bhp, good servicing.

imho

tony