Sl8ter

Any information would be appreciated

Sl8ter    0

Hope this is the right place for this post.sorry if it's not.iv recently bought a 2007 wrx and I'm looking to personalise it a we bit.its got a s/s back box but my 2 young boys want to make it louder.what exactly do I need?don't want to do away with both cats if possible. They all so want to change the wheels.what size fits it? We are trying to make it a car that we can do as a dad and boys car lol iv  not modified a car for years.we have bought a set of tien coilovers the advance z I think they are (Any Information  on these like a good set up. not to bumpy as I'm getting old).we don't want it to low lots of speed bumps about.thanks 

scoobiefloz    15,687

The Tein Coilovers are going to be quite firm but you might not be too bad on the softest settings. If you are fitting them yourself it is well worth spending a few quid on getting the geometry and 4 wheel alignment sorted by the experts. 

I guess your WRX has 17" wheels currently and you will easily get 18" on there. The key thing is to get the right PCD, on your 2007 WRX it should be 5x100.

Sl8ter    0

That's great thank you

We have been offered  a 2005 exhust of a wrx I think it's a straight pipe? And a back box do you know if this will fit? i think mine has 2 cats.so will the straight pipe take away the second cat and give us more of a better sound.but still pass an mot (not due till 2018)

Sl8ter    0

Yes the wheels are the standard 17s.so out just the pcd then what about the offset and 5he width. So many questions I have .

t5nyw    18
On 28/8/2017 at 22:01, Sl8ter said:

Yes the wheels are the standard 17s.so out just the pcd then what about the offset and 5he width. So many questions I have .

this is slighly technical eg. 17s  pcd 100 x 71/2" width and offset(et) of eg. et55(should say on wheel) 

when prodrive 18s are fitted they are eg. pcd100 x 8" width and eg. et48

others makers maybe 18 x 7.5 x et43 .  notice the et has changed due to width wheel compared to 8" above. 

the et, offset, makes the wheel nearer to wheel arch or nearer to strut. niether of which you want to rub. 

these arent actual et,s also coilovers and dropped suspension can effect what an catch/rub tyre

So you see a possible can of worms hence premium for good fitting prodrive wheels..

tony

Don can provide normal sizes and et,s

Edited by t5nyw

markjharris    3

Plus, Subaru doesn't help us by fitting wheels that are too wide! 225/45/17s on 8" rims is just asking for damage in the real world. You really want 245s on there for that width. Why they went wider on the later STIs I just don't fathom.

t5nyw    18

hawk had 225 on UK & 235 on jdm,s. 235 uncommon in uk. 

also offset on sti hatch onwards is greater than hawk. hatch wheels on hawk rubs arches & other way they rub struts on hatch.

IIRC

Tony